Anyone making the duck shoes?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Azd1292, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Azd1292

Azd1292 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Is anyone still making the duck shoes? I was doing foot spot checks and I have one duck that has a tiny sore I would like cure up before it gets worse and the shoes would really help! I'm sure i could sew something together to put on her foot but sure seems easier just to buy them ! [​IMG]

2. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    do you have a facebook? because you could probably add Nettie and ask her if she can make some for you. that is if you cant contact her on this site anymore

3. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    nettie is no longer in business.

4. Azd1292

May 18, 2011
    Well I guess she will have to get a homemade pair.....hopefully she isn't one of those snobby ducks that only like name brands !

5. KrazyKZ08

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] some really are too lol. i have an idea. look through thrift stores for used wet suits, or even find lunchboxes made of the wetsuit material, then get your duck to make footprints somehow or even measure their feet and trace out the shape. then maybe you could figure out how to make some shoes that will work for now out of the stuff you find.

6. Azd1292

May 18, 2011
    That is a great idea about the wet suits. I was able to trace her foot and sew kind of a rough draft out of thicker fabric last night. I just wanted to see if I could figure it out. It turned good [​IMG] so as soon as I get some of the wet suit material I think I'll be able to make her a good pair. She is loving all the extra special attention ! Spoiled duck!

7. KrazyKZ08

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] yay!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by