Apr 30, 2011
Timmonsville sc
Last edited:
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined.
thumbsup.gif

hi fellow South Carolinian... Im up here in laurens..
well I did my studying before i got my chickens. to see which breeds i would be interested in and those i wouldn't be.. then went to the jockey lot and talked tothe chicken guy there and found more things I liked and didn't. I decided to start with chicks instead of adults from the chicken guy. I wanted to be sure I didnt have any aggressive back yard bruisers, so when TSC started getting their chicks.. the first week I was very strong and nope not the breeds I want.. the second weeks delivery.. jack pot.
wee.gif
barred rocks, golden comets, dark bramas and white leghorns.. so I bought 12 ( a good mix) of what i was told were pullets.. I lost two that first week, and out of the 10 remaining I have a roo dark bhrama ( he's gorgeous couldn't be happier with him) and a roo in barred rock. ( great disposition..)

so my happy self brings them home in their little boxes to the delight of my son and the grim-us of my daughter who promptly said oMG mom what have you done? so I ignored her and my son and I set off to the shed to set up a brooder for my little few day old chicks. I found BYC that night.. LOVE IT HERE !! and oh my gosh found two more breeds that I just had to have Ameracaunas-or EE's and lavendar orphingtons.. ... well I was in luck found a local lady up in Greer with EE's.. and she threw in a little white polish.. so ugly hes cute.. cant wait for him to grow up. and then the weekly trip to TSC for dog, horse, and chicken feed.// and oh last delivery of chicks.. Ill just peek... cornish, wayndottes and comets,,,,,, well Nadine Wayndottes so we saw first hand how beautiful hey are and what good personalities... looked at my mom.. do you want some chicks of your own. these are the ones yo liked so much.. well ..... about to walk away and the mang. walks up.. 50c each...
ya.gif
.. I walked back and got 6.. hahhaha... put them with the EEs who a bit older but took up together right away..

here lies my problem.... unlike you... even though i studied.. I did NOT however have a coop of any kind..
th.gif
ahhhhhhh

figured when I got them home that the family would surly help me build a coop.. nope.
barnie.gif
. so right now they ( the teenagers) are in a 4x10 dog run and sleep in a large dog carrier at night.. I know what i want the coop to look like have several ideas for cheep just use what ive got laying around the farm but will I get help... no... so Im enlisting a couple of teenagers in area to get them to help me.. i think thats pretty rotton.. but oh well I have my chickens and Im happy... them make me smile and laugh and i can feel my blood pressure drop..
love.gif
I hope you have fun with whatever breed or breeds you choose...

welcome to byc too...

)O( blessed be
Pink

welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
form s.c./fla.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

We have family in Florence s.c. I don't have any babies yet hope to hatch some later this summer. BO, BBS Barred Rocks,Heritage Barred Rocks , EE ,BBS Amerucana coming soon Heritage Del.,Heritage RIR. If you need them soon there are lots of byc members that have them .Rebel Rooster, Dipsy Doode Doo , etc

Back
Top Bottom