1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Anyone near Honolulu? Need some lodging help soon please!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Aug 24, 2010.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Songster

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I am so frustrated! My hubby has 10 days of leave in Oct. before shipping off to Afganistan and all the base lodging facilities are booked. I have searched and searched online to find a reasonably priced 2 room hotel/cottage/whatever and I am getting nowhere fast. Can someone give me a good idea of where to search, what places are good/not good?

Thanks so much!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've never been to Hawaii...

Does it have to be Honolulu? Can it be somewhere else on Oahu? I have friends that almost always stay near Laie.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Even if base facilities are booked, they should have lists of hotels/motels that are contracted for those on orders that they cannot accomodate. Be sure to ask for military rates when asking, and mention that your husband is leaving on deploymment--not sure if it willl help, but is sure can't hurt.

4. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Songster

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Well the one lady I talked to at K-Bay lodging didn't mention anything about a list of hotels/motels. I am not sure we would get much special since his leave would be considered leisure. I will call them back and ask about the list. Thanks!

5. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Songster

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:I think it can be anywhere on Oahu. He will be on leave so its not like we have to be close to the base. Could you ask your friends what hotel they use?

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: