Anyone near Indiana want an arabian foal?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BarbK, Nov 15, 2007.

1. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I know a breeder that is trying to find homes for close to 20 foals. He will sell them for $500 each till he ships them to auction. They have awsome bloodlines. I just hate to see them go to the Shipshawana auction.

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Talk about another story of the State of the Industry. I do hope all of his mares aren't bred back...

Sorry, everyone I know in IN prefers stock breeds...

3. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Not me! I prefer Arabs. My best friend was my Arabian gelding, Sunny. He died of colic when he was 17. I used him like a QH--doing contesting events and racing. He would beat them too, because he was small & quick! I really miss him.

I'd take those foals in a heartbeat, but cannot afford the $$$$. You KNOW the breeder will not get that in Shipshewana! They'll go to a worse fate..... JMO

If he wants to rehome them, let me know! I have 5 acres and they would be cared for, and NOT re-bred!

4. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I do know any he doesn't sell at shipshee he will just give away. I will let you guys know when it hits that point. I just hate the fact that they might go to a meat buyer at shipshee.

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I'm a bit confused - he's a breeder but has no market for his animals? Is he going out of business? Where are his breeding stock?

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Who IS this guy? Are the foals healthy? I love FREE!

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've got a friend who uses them for endurance riding; I'll check with her!

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Are horses in the horse world often used like chickens in the chicken world? For their "good years" and then just ridded of? Kinds of seems that way to someone who knows nothing about horses.

9. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Quote:Some are but foals are baby horses so these have not been used for any activity yet.

I will PM the original poster with a horse forum to go to and list this foals on.

10. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Are they Premarin babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by