1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone near Peterborough Ontario?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eatmorechicken70, Dec 21, 2011.

1. eatmorechicken70

eatmorechicken70 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2009
    Peterborough, Ontario
    Hello everyone.

My name is Steve, and I am from Peterborough, Ontario. My wife and I have been wanting to get into chickens for several years now, but we have never fully made the jump. I hope to set up a small flock next spring when I graduate from the 4th semester of my Electrical Engineering Technician program in April.

I am interested in meeting and chatting with other chicken fanciers around the Peterborough area.

So please say hi!! I would love to hear about your breeds. As of right now - I have Barred Rocks, Buff, Black or Lavender Orpingtons, Black Jersey Giants, Americaunas, Barnevelders and Black Marans at the top of my list. But of course as you all know that will change tomorrow. LOL.

Merry Christmas to all!!

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very happy to have you aboard! I take it you and Peterboroughchick are married.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  3. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palm in the California high desert!

Stop by the "Where am I, Where are you?" thread. Lot's of Canadians there! Several different groups if I'm not mistaken!

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    From NB, Canada [​IMG]

You can see my breeds in my signature line. My favourite of all of these is the barred rock. It's perfect for our climate. Wish I lived in your area, because I love to talk chicken [​IMG]

I know JG is pretty hard to find in Eastern Canada. As are Buff Orpington, Easter Eggers, and Marans. They were all on my list as well [​IMG] I've looked everywhere!

BR is definitely a good one for first time chicken keepers.

[​IMG]
    SLW were on my list as well. I got one and they are so pretty!

[​IMG]

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

By the way, I have a rooster with the same name! Steve! [​IMG]

8. eatmorechicken70

eatmorechicken70 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2009
    Peterborough, Ontario
    Haha Aoxa - I found a Facebook page about a Goat named Steve yesterday so I am very happy and willing to share my name!!!!

Thank you for sharing your information. There is someone close to me who has BJG - I just have to find out where she is located, because I have seen posts on Kijiji about selling stock. Nothing so far regarding Wyandottes, Marans, Orps or the others - will have to keep looking.

greymane - Peterboroughchick and I are NOT married. I look forward to meeting a fellow Peterboroughian!!

I appreciate everyone's warm greetings. CheerioLounge - I may just stop by the Where Am I thread = just to say hello!!

9. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] from Ohio.

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by