Anyone near Portland, OR have room for some Sussex eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ladycutter, Jun 18, 2011.

1. ladycutter

ladycutter Finally a Farmeress

Apr 11, 2011
    Hi,

I have some Sussex eggs ready to ship to me priority on Monday but the person who was going to hatch them for me sold their incubator...

Is there anyone near Porltand (Sandy to be specific but I can drive) that would hatch some shipped eggs out in trade for some Sussex chicks or for pay?

I would also need brooding care until the last week in July as I have to be gone for 9 days just after the chicks would hatch....

Sounds like there are LOTS of incubators out there, hoping to find someone close who has room!

Anne

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Idk how far you are from me, but it would be possible if you aren't too far for me to incubate them. I am a newbie, but nearing the end of my hatch.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Baha Oregon sorry I didn't see that, well if you don't mind a to travel to pick them up when they hatch I am in AZ. [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

What lines are these?

I see a lot of pet-quality Sussex for sale because people are just cranking them out like crazy...with no regard to type...so if they're from a nice, SQ strain, I'd certainly try.

I also have Light & Coronation Sussex (yes I breed for type & yes I show) so I could add some of those to the mix if you're interested? I was going to hatch some more out for myself anyway.

My parents live in Portland and will be coming to see me July 9th/10th for my baby shower. And then they'll be back in August either around the 16th (when the c-section is scheduled) or thereabouts, depending on when the baby decides to arrive....

5. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    HI, I am in Corbett..not that far and have a very broody hen....[​IMG]
    She really deserves eggs.she is a 1/2 imported english Orp..........beautiful splash and will be a devoted mom.........
    Let me know..................I can PM my phone #
    We would be happy to hatch them for you .
    Toni

6. ladycutter

Apr 11, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply's, the eggs are coming from RevolutionMamma - Jenn here on BYC, she has a good reputation from what I can tell although I don't remember if she shows...

I will PM each of you to see what we can work out, I am going to start with the ones closest to me as I think that will work better...

Anne

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Closest is best, just wanted you to know you had someone willing to help! [​IMG]

8. ladycutter

Apr 11, 2011
    Thank you, I appreciate that! I wish I could come to AZ to pick them up, we have hardly seen the sun this year in Oregon!

Anne

9. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Oh, silly me,Just noticed your are new.....................[​IMG]

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Haha sun is def good. Makes for good incubation, but the dry air makes humidity hard to keep up! But I am using a reptile water pump to push water into the air so that it goes up, with a "Wiggler" I needed it raised..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by