Anyone near Sarasota, FL selling Silver Pheasant chicks

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Koeyohte, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Koeyohte

Koeyohte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Hello,

I posted something similar in the turkey threads. I am hoping to get a few silver pheasant chicks this year. I have a young male and female (who does not lay) and would like to add a few more. I had a very interesting past year with my birds and would like to add to the two (I just added a young male to accompany my 2 year old female who has been living with a bobwhite quail). I intend to handle them so that they are friendly :) I am wondering if anyone is around who would sell young chicks.

Thank you very much!
    ~Koey

2. kgardiner

kgardiner Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    North Port, FL
    Hi Koey,
    I am attempting to hatch some Silvers for the first time. My hens just began laying their eggs and I'm contemplating whether to incubate them or to let a broody hen do the job for me. I am in North Port and would sell you some chicks if things go well!

Kenny

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi Kenny,
    If you do decide to let your hen hatch them,take them as soon as they hatch and brood them yourself or they will disappear.Or make sure every little nook and cranny is fixed.Those little buggers find the smallest whole and take off.
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. kgardiner

kgardiner Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    North Port, FL
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice... I started a thread looking for some tips on a couple things as well.. I appreciate it. I'd be mad if they all took off on me after I got them to hatch - lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by