1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone need 15 minutes of fame?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wifezilla, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Inspired by the USA today article, I am writing my latest column (http://www.examiner.com/x-798-Denver-LowCarb-Examiner) about people having chickens (or ducks) in their back yard for eggs.

I am in need of a quote or two from people who have a few chickens in a suburban or urban location and started raising chickens for the eggs. Even better if you are on a low carbohydrate and/or no processed food diet. I would like a picture or two (and permission to post them on my column) if you have them.

Anyone interested can PM me or post to this thread with answers to the following...

1) What inspired you to start raising your own chickens?

2) What is the difference between your eggs and store-bought eggs?

3) Do you recommend others start raising their own chickens?

4) Did you have any issues with local laws concerning your poultry?

Please add name you would like to use for the purpose of the story (screen name is fine) and general location.

Not sure how detailed this story will be, but it will mention BYC for sure [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Linda

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Got a few PM's....
    anyone else???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by