Anyone need a cochin roo for their flock? - New York

CherylR

Chirping
11 Years
Sep 23, 2011
Western NY
Hi! We have 3, 15-week old cochin cockerels that are looking for good homes. I wish we could keep them all, but don't have room. These guys are way too sweet and handsome to go to the roasting pan so I am looking to see if anyone is interested in taking one (or three!) for their flock. If you live in the western NY area and are interested in adding a handsome cochin roo to your flock, please let me know and I will give you more info and photos. Thanks!

Hello! Thanks for your interest! We are in Chautauqua County, part way between Dunkirk and Jamestown, NY. These are birds that I hatched from eggs bought from a breeder (fellow BYCer) in NH. I was shipped 16 eggs, and out of the 10 that hatched...6 were roos! Like I said in the original post, I wish I could keep them all since they are very nice, well behaved boys, but my husband says I can't keep them all. (I guess someone has to be the voice of reason! lol) Anyhow, I have been going around and around on which I want to keep...but think that I will try to re-home one all white cockerel, one mostly black (he has some sable colored feathers around his neck), one white with black markings (splash) cockerel. If you think you may be interested, (or know anyone who might be!) just let me know, and I will take some new photos tomorrow and post them here tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again!

Photos of the boys!

Sorry the photos aren't very clear...but at least you get an idea of what these guys look like. The fourth and fifth photos are just additional shots of the first and second bird. Thanks for looking!

IN WESTERN NY: I still have three handsome, sweet, cochin cockerels in Western NY I don't have enough room (or enough hens!) to keep these guys happy! Please consider a new roo for your girls...thanks!

I just adopted one of these boys, and if you are thinking of getting one, I am happy to recommend them! They were all such mellow, big boys, and CherylR obviously treats her birds with love and great care!

you wouldnt happen to be willing to ship one down here to Southern Louisiana would you?? My Large Fowl Cochin hens need a man who is more their size I think. My bantam cochin roo isnt really up to the task of breeding them.

Back
Top Bottom