Anyone need some rain? Weve got way to much!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by B. Saffles Farms, Jan 6, 2009.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    It has rained the biggest part of December, and January. The ground is so saturated no more rain will soak in. Its rained pretty much steady since last night. The schools are even closed tomorrow because of flooding. I dont ever remember that happening. [​IMG] Does anyone need some rain? [​IMG][​IMG]

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Can I send anyone some rain from NC? GOOD GRIEF!! I don't even bother going out without my muck boots and field jacket on...I'm making quite the fashion statement, lol [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    We're getting that rain also and I'm ready for it to move on out! [​IMG]

Be safe and don't float away! [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    LOL, I know what you mean. I can swim in my front yard. [​IMG]

5. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Quote:Yeah, I make quite the picture going out in the morning in my pjs and muck boots and rain poncho. It's getting so even the muck boots aren't enough near the barn because the mud is so deep & there's so much water that it splashes all the way up onto my jeans. After last year I hate complaining about rain--but I sure wish we could get a little more in summer & a little less in winter!

6. EllyMae

Any idea when it's supposed to take a hike?? I'm sick of all the mud, wet dogs, wet EVERYTHING

7. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Quote:Not tomorrow. Maybe Thursday? It'll take a few days to dry out though. I have fantasies of being able to walk in the yard without boots.....

8. EllyMae

Quote:Yeah, I make quite the picture going out in the morning in my pjs and muck boots and rain poncho. It's getting so even the muck boots aren't enough near the barn because the mud is so deep & there's so much water that it splashes all the way up onto my jeans. After last year I hate complaining about rain--but I sure wish we could get a little more in summer & a little less in winter!

I bet it feels like the mud is going to suck your boots right off your feet, LOL.
    By the way, I know where Efland is! We always say,OMG, ELFLAND when we pass the sign on 40

9. jonbanks

jonbanks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    im sick of rain too we have been having rain every day for at least a week and a half. my chicknes are sick of it too. but i guess it willl bring southwest georgia out of the drought. and even my part of georgia. pine mountain ga columbus ga area

10. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    I'm about to build an ark... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by