Anyone NOT celebrate New Year's in any special way?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Jan 1, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I am just sitting here thinking after watching all the New Year's coverage and wondering what all the excitement is for. I understand the whole new year, new changes part of it, but for myself I just don't see what the big fuss is about. I think changes can begin at any time. I just needed to get that off my chest and see how others felt.

2. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    well I dont wanna toot my own horn but I am doing something extra ordinary for new years......I am spending it with new friends at BYC!!!! is that lame? oh well I am happy and SAFEand I dotn have to worry about getting in a car accident with drunk driving idiots!

SO happy new year all my new friends at BYC!!!

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:I agree, we had a couple of friends over and sat around and talked. Nothing special. I dont get what the big fuss is either. But I do wish all you a very Happy New Year.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I let my children stay up until midnight (they are 11, 8, and 7)!!! [​IMG] I really thought it was safe because I couldn't see any of them actually making it! They all three did!!!! [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:My kids made it too. They are 9 and 3.

6. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I'm at home, watching "The Full Monty" waiting to pick a couple teenagers up from a dance later. Woohoo!

But, I'd rather be here than out. My uncle that used to own a bar always referred to these kinds of nights as "amateur nights" and there's a good reason why.

7. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Mine were put to bed @ 10 and I can still hear the 10 year old in his room. He takes after his mom![​IMG]

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    pffff...i wanted to do something special..but my husband was in a lousy mood so i hung out with the kids. it must be grouchy husband day around here or something!
    to top off this magical evening, the dog slunk in here undetected and farted and completely made the room uninhabitable.
    [​IMG]

9. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    lol! I hate it when my dog does that! Today must have been PMS for our men cause mine was in a foul mood today too. Barking at the kids from the time he got home until he went to bed.[​IMG]

10. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Quote:Hahahahahahaha! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by