anyone notice anything different at Wal-mart (LONG RANT)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sundance, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I bought a book at walmarts on the 28, and since it was one the person had already read, I carried it back to walmarts on sun, with my receipt to return it. Customer service told me I only had 48 hours to return anything, Naturally I wanted a supervisor, and after "some discussion" she did return my money, guess she didn't want the other customers to see an old woman throwing a fit, but on leaving the store I noticed that the sign they used to have over the doors saying satisfaction guarenteed has been replaced,GUESS SINCE EVERY THING ANY MORE COMES FROM CHINA THEY WON'T MAKE YOU SATISFIED,Any one else notice anything different in their walmarts [​IMG] marrie

2. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I haven't noticed any thing different here.
    Chris

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I haven't been to the store since before Thanksgiving but I'll keep an eye out the next time I go in.

4. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I haven't noticed anything here at our WalMart in Short Pump, VA (West of Richmond). I would've thrown a fit too.

In the money you save at Walmart, you always end up spending more in sanity.

5. BettyR

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:I agree...if I could get what I needed somewhere else I would, but being in such a small town all we have is a post office and a gas station / feed store / restaurant / convenience store...and it's all in the same building. I have to drive 20 minutes to get to a larger town that has a Walmart and it's the only one within a 50 mile radius.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ihate walmart - I prefer Target in a big way. The people at Walmart are horrid, mostly. At least around here they are.

7. Oh come now. When people pull into a Walmart parking lot they turn into your worst nightmare. It seems the hate just start to flow and the fact that they have you by the short hairs on getting anything in a small town just irratates the heck out of everyone.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Amen to that. I never even go ther unless I HAVE to. Like I HAVE to to get a knifty knitter.

9. BettyR

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    We used to have two grocery stores in the town where the Walmart is but Hurricane Ike took out the smaller store so if you want to eat you have to go to Walmart or drive 50 miles into the city.

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    ยป anyone notice anything different at Wal-mart (LONG RANT)

Actually, I think that was only a short to middling rant...

Wal*Mart is the devil.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by