1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone on Day 16... 1st hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mycookoonest, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    This is my first hatch and I'm so nervous! I have been meticulously watching my temps, candling my eggies, and am biting my nails hoping for 9 babies to pop out on Monday! [​IMG]

Is there anything I should do before my hatch? I also have 2 other batches of eggs in the bator so I'll set up another bator without the turner and transfer them into that one. I have to search on how to do the egg carton method for hatching... UGH there's so much to do!

2. rroven

rroven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    lexington, SC
    Yeah, it's hard to handle. Sounds like you are going to have a good hatch! I'm on the same day, first hatch but I had lots of problems with temps in the first 5 days. I have candled and am not seeing veining but just dark masses in my eggs, so I am going to assume they are ok. These are 11 salmon faverolle eggs. Keep you fingers crossed for me.

3. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's hard to take!!! I just know they're moving around in there and can't wait to see what they look like (especially since they are mixed)!

Hopefully we'll have a good hatch! Sounds like you've got something cooking in those eggs! The black mass sounds about right at this stage!

[​IMG]

4. rroven

rroven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    lexington, SC
    Oh thank goodness, first time anyone has confirmed my eggs are developing as they should. I thought they might be since most of the eggs have lightened in weight the last few weeks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by