anyone on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sillystunt, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
  2. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
  3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    What the heck is it? You just update on what you're doing? Do you put pics or what???[​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yes, I'm on. Believe it or not, it's required for work. Seriously.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Tell me more. I have stayed away from Twitter as FB does basically the same thing. Right???

Keep distracting me please.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    It's part of going "paperless" in our district. Our superintendent is extremely into Twitter and social networking in general. Our district has a Facebook page for announcements and events, and he uses Twitter to send us messages and updates on what's going on -- more or less to replace e-mail.

Twitter is just a page of status updates more or less. Messages can only be a certain number of characters. I don't even know how to send a Twitter message yet. [​IMG] I have Facebook and that's enough for me. How many things online should I have to check daily? It adds up after awhile.

7. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    It's like status updates. You can add links but the whole thing can only be 180 characters, i think???? I have found fellow chicken friens, the chicken whisper and other stuff. They send out info and such

8. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I am on it. You can also follow certain celeberties you like and it can keep you busy. I am Dkresy, I usually don't post any just follow. Just go to twitter.com and sign up.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I was, but somebody was doing updates every few minutes, one or two real, others were adverts. what a pain. I dropped them and it reduced a lot....be careful who you "follow", especially if you get updates on your phone. (they must work for AT&T or something...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by