Anyone ordered chicks from Double R Supply?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by J. Jamison, Oct 20, 2008.

1. J. Jamison

J. Jamison Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    I just ordered ordered 25 white leghorn pullets from Double R Supply. They will ship on Nov. 5. I think they are in Florida but they told me they have a hatchery in New Mexico. I was wondering if anyone has ordered chicks from them before and if it was a good experience. Opinions please! Thanks

2. J. Jamison

Jun 2, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    Surely someone has heard of them! I was just wanting some feedback on them. Hopefully positive![​IMG] I think the hatchery they get thier chicks from is Privett hatchery, but im not sure. The shipping was FREE![​IMG]

3. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    I ordered some hatching eggs from them once. I think I got about 3 chicks out of the hatch, but the eggs were packed well. The quality of the chicks was standard hatchery quality, not poor, not great. They were healthy little fellas.

Good luck with your order.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They used to have excellent prices on chicks, if I recall. Double R is a good place to buy supplies. If they get their chicks from Privett, I have seen Privett's chicks. They seem large and robust.

5. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I ordered 25 Silkie chicks from them in May. Received 26 all alive and well. And every one of them still healthy and growing strong. Not show quality by any means but not the worst I have seen either.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Why buy from a 3rd party when you can buy direct from the same hatchery they buy from?

7. J. Jamison

Jun 2, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    Because they were cheaper than buying direct and the shipping was free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by