1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone ordered from duckmarket.com?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jellybean, Sep 5, 2010.

1. jellybean

jellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bellevue, ID
    Just came across their website and was wondering if anyone has used them. They have quite a few breeds.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Never heard of them....
    i'll have to check them out...

3. jellybean

May 1, 2009
    Bellevue, ID
    Does anyone have Golden 300 ducks? I saw them on that site and was wondering if they're a good dual purpose. Haven't heard much/if anything about them.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I have heard that they are a good dual purpose breed...They lay well.. kinda like a sex-link chicken...

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

I don't know this company. What ticks me off that there is no address for them. I found an email, a phone number, and that they are in Los Angeles after digging on their site. This is against federal trade commission rules. They are under law required to have that information present no more then 2 clicks from the home page. A whois lookup tells me that the owner is in Venice. Ok that is not that far apart, but I have an issue with retailers that conceal their information. I'd say stick with the known ones, because a few cents may not be worth the trouble. Take a look at www.metzerfarms.com

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  6. HiddenHill Heretic

HiddenHill Heretic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Santa Cruz, Caliphas
    Particularly if you are considering Golden 300 ducks, get them from the source, Metzer Farms. I would always recommend Metzer, unless show quality is desired. Metzer developed the Golden 300. Whatever you do, Enjoy.

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Those photos used looked too familiar to me...I have been watching efowls website due to them using unauthorized photos taken off the web. Lots of the photos used are exactly the same between efowl and duckmarket....buyer beware.....I would stay away from either of them and buy from a more reputable source.

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I like Metzer. I got Welsh Harlequins from them. Healthy happy ducks. Good customer service. Netty got her runners from them too.

9. jellybean

May 1, 2009
    Bellevue, ID
    I was wondering because they a low minimum ship number. But they did look a bit fishy to me, which is why I asked. Their website is a bit generic in places.... I really want to find a couple silver appleyard ducks this year, and haven't been able to find any for months now. I want more layers next spring. Should I just get Welsh Harlequins and order now? I want another dual purpose to raise babies to eat, and was thinking maybe a couple runners or something for just egg laying and eating bugs. But I don't really want to order 10 or 15.....

10. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Metzer will ship as little at 2 birds, but you pay extra for it. I would suggest to post the general area you are living in and see if someone wants to order with you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by