Anyone Out There Unable to Speak?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Dec 27, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have a completely new fervor for you.

I have been unable to speak since Thursday thanks to a cold that gave me laryngitis. How do you order a pizza? How do you get technical assistance? I've realized it's completely impractical to drive up to the drive-thru...they can't see you when you hold up your finger for the number you want.

I now want to learn sign language. It is my new goal. How did anyone out there learn the language? Is sign-language universal or is it a country by country thing? (English, American-English, Spanish, etc.?) Are there government programs to learn it or do you have to learn it through a college course?

2. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    over there you have American Sign Language, here we have British Sign Language.

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    write them a letter and mail it to them. You should have your pizza by next week sometime, but not Sunday, if it falls on Sunday, you'll get your pizza Monday...unless you have my postman, then you'll be lucky to even get it.

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Oh yeah....can't you order online now?

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Yep, you can order & pay online & they will bring the pizza to your door. [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Seriously?! You can do that??? I did not know you could order online now! What can't you do online nowadays!

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:flush the stinky stuff [​IMG]

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Oh and I don't think you can order a kidney online yet either...but pizza you can! Hope you enjoy it [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Not all clerks can understand ASL which I tried signing when the clerk could not understand me. So I write down what I am looking for OR what am I ordering. Works well!

As for ordering online for pizza, shortage of pizza drivers is the problem. So we ended up going to the pizza place, order and take the pizza home.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:+1 That's what I do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by