Anyone pipping today, 1/14?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kbbeale, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I have a hatcher full of mille's, seramas and silkies. Noticed one of the mille's pipping.......I hate the last few days wait while we hope all the good eggs from the incubator make it through to nice fluffy butt chicks.

2. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Me too! I have BR, SLW, Blue andalusian, and Ameraucana eggs
    all due today. One is pipped but not much going on with the others yet- I put them in late in the day so I know it'll be a while but the suspense is driving me CRAZY! [​IMG]

And once this first one makes it out, then it's tying my hands down so I don't open it to snatch out a fuzzy butt before the others have hatched....don't your hands just itch to reach in and grab the first one dry? [​IMG]

3. Mee-eee too-ooo! I have a group set the 26th that I just got around to moving to the hatcher this morning. Day 19 for them (I'm late and they're early) and I have 2 pips already.
    This week, it's Serama, Silkies, Ameraucana, Jersey Giant, and Frizzle Naked Neck green-eggers.

Good luck everyone!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Yeah I know the feeling. I have one that is pipping and I'm waiting for the others, but I too, set them like at midnight that day, so hopefully they'll come along soon. I hate this part of the hatching process.

We'll have to update throughout the day!!!

5. RedTailRanch

RedTailRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    My Coop
    This is my first time hatching. I woke up this morning and both eggs have pipped! I have the r-com mini, so it only holds three eggs (I did this on purpose so that I couldn't hatch too many!). One egg was not fertile, so I only have two hatching.

I am so nervous! I know they rest for a few hours after they pip...but I am still a nervous wreck!

The eggs are from my mixed flock and were laid on Christmas Day. I need a good Christmas name for one of them! Any ideas?

BTW...I have two roosters...one is an Ancona (he's the boss) and the other was my "mystery chick" from MM. He is a beautiful blue wheaten ameraucana (i think). It will be interesting to see who the father(s) is/are!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  6. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I have DDD's eggs hatching today (Day 20). Two hatched and four more currently pipped and peeping. The cheeping from inside the shells began last night.

The two Ameraucana eggs are a mystery to me, since I couldn't candle them successfully, but every one of the bantam eggs she sent me was good and grew well, so I'm hopeful for a 100% hatch. [​IMG]

7. AWChickens

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    The two Ameraucana eggs are a mystery to me, since I couldn't candle them successfully,

Me too! I have 4 fluffy chicks, and 5 more pips this morning- but nothing on the Ameraucana eggs yet. They were way too dark to candle so I just checked to make sure they didn't get stinky and then crossed my fingers! How are everyone's hatches coming this morning? Am I the only one still waiting for it to finish up?​

8. RedTailRanch

RedTailRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    My Coop
    Both my little fluffy butts hatched out yesterday! The first one to hatch was the one I thought might not even hatch at all!

She zipped right out of that shell with no problem around 1pm (on day 20). The second little one had more problems. The shell membrane was acting like rubber bands and keeping her in. She seemed to have trouble breathing too, as she was pretty big inside that shell!

I had to leave around 3:30pm so I made the tough decision to help her out. Now both little butts are doing fine in the brooder!

If I could figure out how to put pics in these posts...I would!

9. Hi! I hope everyones hatcher is pipping and peeping!

I have 3 out so far. An American Game (I forgot there were a couple of those in there), a blue Silkie, and my VERYVERY first of this generation Naked Neck *possibly* Frizzle green-egger chick (still wet, but looks to be either a splash or light blue).

Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

10. AWChickens

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    VERYVERY first of this generation Naked Neck *possibly* Frizzle green-egger

Oooohh! pretty! Everyone will have to post pics later. One of my Ameraucanas has pipped finally- hopefully the other one will too!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by