1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone planning to go to Silkie Nationals in Lawrenceburg TN?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by jimnjay, Sep 21, 2009.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    The show will be Nov 14 same day as the Ohio Nationals. They will l allow Silkies only to coop out on Sunday is my understanding.
    It would be fun to see other Silkie Breeders from this board there.

2. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I've been wanting to go Jaynie since I saw the post for it. Wouldn't mind picking up a good blue pullet....

3. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I really want to go when does it end and do they have a special time when they will be selling?

4. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    This is how it will work:

Outside there will be non exhibition people selling everything from chickens to goats. Be careful of what you purchase because these people are not associated with the show and may not follow the same strict care that we do.

Inside there will be an area of sale cages with exhibitors' excess birds for sale. A few will also have birds outside in their vehicles or trailers. You will need to let someone know what you're looking for.

My suggestion is if there is a breeder that you would like to buy a bird from but don't want to ship, contact them now. Ask if they have anything for sale and if they are coming to the show.

Blueoval, the show hall will open at 8Am on Saturday to the general public. Judging begins at 9. Friday and Sunday will be dedicated to setting up, cooping in birds and then cleaning and cooping out birds on Sunday.

Also, for those that don't know the show is at Rotary Park on Military Street in Lawrenceburg.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    Ok thanks that helps alot [​IMG] . So it is a three day show correct.

6. robin416

Feb 6, 2007
    No, its isn't. The show hall is closed to the general public on Friday and Sunday. Those days are strictly for set-up on Friday and take down on Sunday.

The show is actually Saturday only.

7. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I will be there!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Wearing my Green BYC shirt!!)

8. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    How many silkies are normally there? Do all of the big breeders go there or to the nationals in Ohio?

Debbie

9. robin416

Feb 6, 2007
    Since this is the Silkie and Polish Nationals expect a large number of Silkies. No numbers will be available until just before the show. There are people traveling from out West, from TX, Florida, Oh, and probably more but that is the ones I know of at this time.

10. Chickenhatcher89

Chickenhatcher89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    I am definetly going to be there!! Hope to enter in a few of my birds! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by