Hatch-Along - Anyone planning to hatch out around St. Patrick's Day?

I can't keep a rooster due to one neighbor, 4 houses away, who likes to complain. So I ordered eggs. Years ago I was able to hatch out grandchicks, and I agree with you - it's even more fun!

When we searched for our house years ago we made sure it was in an area zoned agricultural. I do have neighbors but most like to watch my chicks grow (I tend to grow out my babies on the front lawn and they walk by on the road and watch them play lol. I keep lots of roosters over the summer months but only one or two over the winter and they usually only crow first thing in the morning and around dusk to get the ladies to come back to the coop lol. I can't stand obnoxious roosters either so the neighbors are lucky.
This is my current batch of babies from my Feb hatches so far.

:love beautiful!
This particular neighbor likes to call code enforcement on a regular basis. I can legally have a rooster, and none of my immediate neighbors minded, but I don't want to draw her attention to my home, because she then calls on everyone around me, too. Unfortunately, code enforcement has no recourse for bogus reports. They have admitted that they are beyond tired of all of the "anonymous" complaints, but they have to check on each call.

:love beautiful!
This particular neighbor likes to call code enforcement on a regular basis. I can legally have a rooster, and none of my immediate neighbors minded, but I don't want to draw her attention to my home, because she then calls on everyone around me, too. Unfortunately, code enforcement has no recourse for bogus reports. They have admitted that they are beyond tired of all of the "anonymous" complaints, but they have to check on each call.

Ridiculous I can't stand people like that. We had a new neighbor move in across the street and they actually called the town select board and told them she thought we had rats over here because we are in the process of remodeling the house and had building materials and insulation outside the home waiting for me to take to the recyling center. I told them that being zoned agricultural property I do have horses, sheep, chickens and on occasion pigs here and so yes there was a possibility that there may be rats in the barn if the cat is having an off day and not feeling like chasing them off lol. She got a chuckle out of that.

My rooster of choice is still shy, I guess. No targets in the breakfast eggies yet. I guess I'll have to hang out and drool over ya'll's babies. Way too cold to order in the eggs I've been longing for on ebay. 😢 (Plus I already have too many birds...) 😯
So is it safe to assume you would like pics?? Lol, or will that make it worse?
Too bad there isn't any near enough for you to pick up, rather than rely on shipping. :barnie

Ridiculous I can't stand people like that. We had a new neighbor move in across the street and they actually called the town select board and told them she thought we had rats over here because we are in the process of remodeling the house and had building materials and insulation outside the home waiting for me to take to the recyling center. I told them that being zoned agricultural property I do have horses, sheep, chickens and on occasion pigs here and so yes there was a possibility that there may be rats in the barn if the cat is having an off day and not feeling like chasing them off lol. She got a chuckle out of that.
I agree! After her first round of reports, someone reported her. She had a few violations and was fined to the tune of over a thousand dollars. Instead of learning from that costly lesson she calls regularly. We know to expect it any time we see her walking around the loop. She hated it when I put up privacy fencing, lol.

Back
Top Bottom