1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone playing Halo Reach?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PurpleChicken, Sep 18, 2010.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Every now and then the old video game geek comes out in me, usually when they release the latest chapter of Halo for the Xbox. This new Halo is so darn good. It's a prequel to the original Halo. I finished it in 2 days on normal difficulty and now have a sad empty feeling in me. What an awesome game, best ever!!!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My OLDER kids are into it. Maybe someday.

3. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Nope, but I love the first Halo! lol I play it all of the time with my little brother and beat the bageebees out of him! [​IMG]

4. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Yeah, it's not a young child's game. While the enemies are all aliens there is a lot of blood and violence.

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    omg!!!! my husband has played many times..... i cant even talk with him, the house could be on fire.... hes just so intense with that game!
    currently its not hooked up to the tv. thank goodness. [​IMG]

6. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    I just finished campaign tonight, It took me about 12 hours on normal difficulty.

Best Halo game ever and IMO the best game of 2010!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend my Xbox live username is njchickendude

7. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    i have not but my brothers have an xbox and we have halo 3, i got it for him for christmas when it was out, we have an xbox 360 and a bunch of other games as well he realy wanted halo 3 and was fine with it for a while but not sure if hed want halo reach since he soon became obsessed with cod, thats like all they play... lol although recently like this week he actually got a new (used) game so hes been playing that for a while but like really, whats with boys? i like some video games and yeah those are pretty good games but like really, i never even get to use it hardly cause theyre constantly playing it and/or downstairs, thats like theyre life... lolz although hes not as bad as some people cause he does play football and do other stuff but when they get the chance, thyere all over that thing, i really dont know what it is with (teenage) boys and video games... lolz like never get an xbox cause thatll be their life but then again maybe i shuldnt say anything cause im always on the comp... lolz [​IMG]

8. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:I play for an hour and then step away from the Xbox. If not it starts taking me over. I'm not sure how many hours of play it took but it was probably around 12 too.

I wish they had more maps and missions. I'd like at least 40 hours of campaign play.

The online multiplayer is fun but it's the interactive campaigns that make me a big fan. Plus so many of the online players are so good that to even compete it's all KILL KILL KILL!!!

I'll look for your username when I'm online. Do you use a headset? I've gotta get one.

9. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    NO, i will not touch a halo game... and people wonder why there is so much gun violence in to day's youth... but that be JMO

10. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:CD, that surprises me a little. Youth violence is a much more complicated social problem than kids playing video games. Many of the countries that don't have video games have deeper levels of violence than we do.

In comparison to many other games Halo is mild.

IMO a much greater problem is the amount of time people, both young and old, play video games. They are addicting and like any addiction take away from the quality of one's life, not to mention add to the obesity problems we have.

My Xbox will sit idle for months until a new game comes out, will get used for a week or two, and then go back to collecting dust or being used for Netflix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by