Anyone plz. Advice. I think my chicken is having seizures.

Ro-Ro

Chirping
Dec 7, 2015
Florida
My hen has been flapping her wings and put her body down low when it seems she is having a seizure. If she gets nervous she does the same thing. So I am not sure if this is just a behavior or a seizure. She seems completely fine after the episode. She walks fine to. She is eating, drinking well, playing, sleeping well. Seems content with life. Lets me hold her. Maybe someone knows what is going on.

is she a young chicken? perhaps she is giving herself a dust bath for the first few times, I am not sure if you already know what that looks like but its worth a shot mentioning!

is she a young chicken? perhaps she is giving herself a dust bath for the first few times, I am not sure if you already know what that looks like but its worth a shot mentioning!
Yes, She is a young hen. I have no clue what that looks like. Lol I am going to You tube and check it out. Thxs.

Yes, She is a young hen. I have no clue what that looks like. Lol I am going to You tube and check it out. Thxs.

ha-ha you will be very surprised, i bet what you are seeing is her bathing! it is so fun to watch when they all start doing it. I try to make sure i have a nice patch of dirt mixed with sand making a light and fluffy mixture available for them to get off all the bugs and itches! tried to post a youtube video, but it wouldn't allow me!

ha-ha you will be very surprised, i bet what you are seeing is her bathing! it is so fun to watch when they all start doing it. I try to make sure i have a nice patch of dirt mixed with sand making a light and fluffy mixture available for them to get off all the bugs and itches! tried to post a youtube video, but it wouldn't allow me!
I viewed a few videos on YouTube. Ok, So is it normal for them to make noise and flap their wings when having a dust bath? Sometimes she seems like she is doing a moon walk or a half spin. Lol

I viewed a few videos on YouTube. Ok, So is it normal for them to make noise and flap their wings when having a dust bath? Sometimes she seems like she is doing a moon walk or a half spin. Lol

yes it is normal! My hens make a very happy sounding cluck sound during theirs, and flap their wings and kick the sand into their feathers, rub their heads into the dirt and cover themselves from head to toe in any way they can! they do so much flapping , and poof out their feathers :)

I'm including a video of chicks doing it. see how they make noise and kick and flap... so cute!!!

and heres some adults!

yes it is normal! My hens make a very happy sounding cluck sound during theirs, and flap their wings and kick the sand into their feathers, rub their heads into the dirt and cover themselves from head to toe in any way they can! they do so much flapping , and poof out their feathers :)

I'm including a video of chicks doing it. see how they make noise and kick and flap... so cute!!! 

and heres some adults!

Thank you so much. Sounds like she is just giving herself a dust bath and not a seizure. This is great news. I was so worried.

Thank you so much. Sounds like she is just giving herself a dust bath and not a seizure. This is great news. I was so worried.
Your welcome! I think everyone thinks "What the heck" when they see their first dust bath, soon you will want to just stare and watch them because they look like they are having so much fun and relaxed! its a true chicken at peace

Back
Top Bottom