Anyone raise Egyptian geese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Tony, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    I have an egytian goose female that free ranges with my rouens,swedish,mixed breeds and indian runner (he`s not normal, he stands like the other ducks, not one bit upright like a penguin) Will my egyptian goose breed with my 3 domestics males, is it genetically possible?
    Do they pair up for life and therefore will not be interested in a part time mate as most rouens,swedish etc, are? Should I separate them and try to find her a mate? They all get along great, no problems ever. thanks Tony

2. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We raise egyptians, but ours are penned seperate from our other breeds. If your goose gets along with everyone, you can leave her with them. Generally egyptians are aggressive and don't mix well with others. But there are always exceptions. If you decide to get a male egyptian, I would seperate them from the flock, just because a male in breeding season will be very aggressive. If you have other breeds of geese, I guess it is possible they could fertilize her eggs, but they could hurt her due to the size difference. Ducks can't cross with geese, so no worries there. Have fun with them.
    Christie [​IMG]

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    tony where did you get your egyption goose . I live in Ma and i cant find any for sale any wheres . If you ever want to re-home yours let me know . o ri could trade you 5 canadian geese for your egyption lol [​IMG]

4. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

We raise both the Normal Egyptians and White Egyptians. We will have young birds for sale later this summer.

Randy www.spectrumranch.net

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by