Anyone Raise Turkens....Am I a Rooster or a Hen!?!?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by zatsdeb, Jun 16, 2008.

1. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    This is my Turken, I thought it was a hen, then I thought it was a rooster, now I keep hoping it is a hen cause my DH wants to cook it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He/she is about 2 1/2 months old.

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    definately a boy it's saddle is comeing in an comb is to red/ t tall to quick. my girls never turned pink till they where almost a year old.

3. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    I wonder if I can convince my DH it is a hen.... dress him up in a dress! I think it is the neatest looking oddball on my farm!!!

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    lol, that''s one good thing about my DH, he loves turkens and showgirls as much as i do. [​IMG] well with the exception of one of my young sg roos,lol he's a little spitfire u can't go near the girls with him in the coop.

5. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    I received a turken chick with my order of surprise chicks. I'm so hoping it's a girl, DH thinks they are just to ugly. Oh I think the little one is just so ugly you have to love it. It's an odd ball already and roo or hen it's a keeper, [​IMG]. Good to see a big of one as they grow. I've only seen them in the catalog never in 'person' or 'chicken' rather until now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by