Anyone raising Pomeranians?

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Might be getting a Pomeranian goose for my gander and would love to hear from those that have them, what kind of personality etc.. Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
I used to raise them. So far they are probably my favorite breed. Mine were calm, relatively quiet compared to my other breeds, also very protective of one another.

I'm just getting out of pomeranians this year. Only have a pair left. Didn't seem any louder or more aggressive than any other goose. Excellent parents mine were. Had three hens last year hatch off between 7 and 9 goslings each. I will say that mine were very very aggressive parents, but that was only when they were sitting and the goslings were young. If i had the space and it were easier breeding them to standard i would surely continue to raise them.

My Poms are very calm and dignified. They are excellent parents. They are the most beautiful of all the geese (not that i am biased)

I know 2 breeders who sold out their Pom flocks this year. It has always been difficult to find quality Poms, and now it is slightly more difficult.

I've seen some pretty ghastly quality Poms from hatcheries, so I don't recommend that route. There are at least 2 breeders of very nice quality buff Pomeranians over there in the eastern part of the USA, relatively close to you.

My Poms are very calm and dignified. They are excellent parents. They are the most beautiful of all the geese (not that i am biased)

I know 2 breeders who sold out their Pom flocks this year. It has always been difficult to find quality Poms, and now it is slightly more difficult.

I've seen some pretty ghastly quality Poms from hatcheries, so I don't recommend that route. There are at least 2 breeders of very nice quality buff Pomeranians over there in the eastern part of the USA, relatively close to you.
Thanks OB I am getting my goose from a fellow BYCer. I don't know where she got her eggs but you are making me much more excited about getting them now. I'll have to ask her where her eggs came from. Your avatar is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom