Anyone seen a chick like this before???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rosiethechick, May 13, 2019.

1. rosiethechick

rosiethechick Hatching

Apr 26, 2019
    She’s the only one who isn’t developing feather and her wings look off....she doesn’t seem to be affected by it but I’m curious if anyone has seen anything like it before. TIA

Attached Files:

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    :welcome She appears to be in apparent good health. Some birds/breeds are just slower feathering than others. She'll catch up to the others.

3. rosiethechick

rosiethechick Hatching

Apr 26, 2019
    Awesome! Thank you! I felt like that should be the case but her wings seem different too and out of ten she’s the only one not feathering (see group shot) We love our little “late bloomer” so I wanted to make sure she’s good :)

4. WhoDatChick

WhoDatChick Free Ranging

Sep 6, 2018
    Nawlins, Louisiana
    I have four Cochin bantams that are going to be 7 weeks old this week and one does not have the feathers of her sibs.. I have to try and get a pic.. one developed way faster than the other three then two black ones look the same but the white one still has lots of feathers to develop.. :confused:

5. rosiethechick

rosiethechick Hatching

Apr 26, 2019
    Just an update because it still looks so weird and I’m just overly curious....here’s what she looks like today as compared to a flock mate

Attached Files:

6. WhoDatChick

WhoDatChick Free Ranging

Sep 6, 2018
    Nawlins, Louisiana
    How old are they now?

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They mostly develop at their own pace, unless they are getting pushed away from the feed dish etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: