Anyone seen this before?

Lillichloe

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
Is this a parasite? I have 2 hens I've had for little more than a month they've been integrated with my 4 pullets that -are about 17wks old for a almost 2wks. I see this poop this morning. I've seen each bird poop today and all looks normal this was on the side if the roost that my 4 original girls usually use.
Is this a parasite? Maggot eggs? Something worse? There have been some poops with intestinal lining the past couple days. Very small amounts on 2 or 3 poops. I really watch there poops to try to catch it if someone gets sick.
So far all the chickens are still eating acting and looking normal. .... They free range during the day.

If they free range they could have eaten something weird. Chickens don't usually act sick until they are really sick. A regular worming routine is key for maintaining a healthy flock and the frequency depends on where you live. I worm twice a year here in Nc.

I live in oregon. This is the first time I've had chickens. Do I just ask the feed store what to use? Is there a common de wormer that works on all types of parasites?

I cleaned the coop. Here it is cropped close.

Hey you!! I can see these a lot better then I could on my phone
sickbyc.gif
They look like they are encased into a mass of material expelled by the chicken... I'll do some research and see what I find..

BTW... Did the Blackie start laying yet??

Hi!
frow.gif
she has not. I do not light the coop though.

The six remaining hens that are her age aren't either, but this morning when I went out to feed and water the flock there was a soft shelled egg under one of the roost...
fl.gif
I went from 22-26 eggs a day down to 13-18... I really need these girls to step up lol

Back to your chickens... I have searched and searched and cant find anything remotely close to that fecal dropping... That IMHO leaves two options... She ate something weird and was passed or its worm eggs.... Like I told you when you were here, I don't typically treat my birds with medicine unless I know for certain what it is and there are no better options but if it is worms you want to catch it quick.. I did find this website that shows normal and abnormal poop that I have saved because like most chicken keepers we check there poop for signs of health within the flock.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

Back
Top Bottom