Anyone sell farm raised processed birds in Massachusetts or will ship?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by walkerkm, Jan 4, 2010.

1. walkerkm

walkerkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    If so... i am very interested! Would love to buy some fresh farm raised birds.

I would also be willing to hook up with someone that i could pay to buy/feed/raise and process birds for me. Can't bring myself to process the birds i have raised for eggs. I would love to be able to get fresh raised chicken on a regular basis.

Please email me if you are interested, willing or able to do this.

thanks [​IMG]
    Kelly

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    I'm in IN otherwise I'd love to help you out. Have you considered having someone else do them for you?

3. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Id be more then happy to ship you some if you can't find any local. I have 300 that will be ready for the 16th of this month. I also have some that are already frozen.

Shipped in a standard insulated box.... UPS.... Rates very but pm me for details.

4. feathersnuggles

feathersnuggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Seattle
    Don't you have any farmers markets nearby? Most, around here, have one or two vendors with farm raised/processed birds.

5. walkerkm

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    yeah, but there's no way i could raise them myself and then eat them knowing they were mine. I get way too attached. I love my girls! also, i don't have enough room.
    thanks though!

6. walkerkm

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    Quote:oh, i'm very interested!!! no farmers market close by with farm raised birds. will pm you!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Where are you in Mass? We use a processor in Bridgewater for our chickens, I raise the Cornish X and will have some going in to be processed soon.

8. snowhorse

snowhorse Pantry Brook Farm

Jun 13, 2009
    MA
    Quote:Where in Bridgewater? Im in Mass and have some I need processed, I have been looking.

9. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    Quote:I think that Mass. has pretty stringent anti-local laws, so unless its under the table its really difficult to sell. At farmers markets you can see everybody hiding their stuff whenever an official walks in. But its pretty risky to sell poultry, you can get fined pretty good for that. Just more FDA bs...

10. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    I know somebody who had theirs processed in lowell, makes sense with the large minority population, I'm not sure about the details though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by