Anyone Sell on ETSY?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

If so--what has your experience been? What do you sell? Do the items sell? I'm considering putting some of my artwork on there... and maybe some of my new chicken-themed items...

Thanks!

2. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    I do sell on Etsy (see my signature) but without much success yet. I assume the slowness is due to the time of year and the fact that it takes a while to get your name out there so folks see you in the mass of all the others.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh, okay....I did see that some people have been on there like two years without any sales...

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I have an Etsy, but have been too busy to sew. I sold lots of stuff when I was selling, but mostly wholesale to brick and mortar stores and through my blog. You have to get out there and spread the word about yourself to have sucess on a place like Etsy-can't just rely on people searching for your stuff.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

That's good to know. I did notice that I found their website was hard to find stuff on. I think they need better search tools on there...thanks!

6. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i use artfire...kinda like esty but free

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I sell on Etsy. I am not supporting myself, but I have had 87 sales since starting.
    http://lacyslittleacre.etsy.com

Since my biz partner and I sell a LOT of aprons at craft fairs and privately, we started an Etsy shop just for aprons.
    http://countryaprons.etsy.com

We had our first sale the day we opened it.
    There are not many aprons there, but I have a stack of about 20 cut out and ready to sew that I will be starting on.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'll have to check that out!

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:THANK YOU!

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I sell on etsy, www.auntsallysattic.etsy.com I have several friends who do as well, they all said it's a slow start, but it will pick up as people find you. I sell vintage items there. MUCH better than FEEbay!

darn shame I can't type......

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by