Anyone selling an incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by muddler6, Nov 17, 2007.

1. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Alright, I have tried e-bay, looked in catalogs and online, etc. and have not been able to get a deal on one. I know most folks don't like to part with their incubators, but I thought if anyone here had an "extra" they did not use. I am new to this and need guidance on hatching and incubators period. I have been reading about them here,and plan to get one before spring, hopefully. Soooo, Anyone?
    By the way I don't have a Paypal account (I know those are popular here).[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Build one. There is a link below my post here for one of mine. If you do a search you will find many others that have built a version of the 'bators and are hatching out little chicks left and right.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, I built one like prissy's and it's been holding really good for a week now. Just wish those stupid eggs would get here..... :mad:

4. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    I have thought about building my own, but I thought I'd be safer to start with a manufactured one, at least until I got the hang of things.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Muddler...Someone on the BYCezboard site in the buy/sell/trade section has a used incubator for sell for 20.00...might want to go there and contact them.....they are in CA....probably will ship to you...

6. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Tougholdhen
    I looked through and could not find it, do you remember when it was posted or who posted it?[​IMG]

7. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Found it, didn't realize it was on the OTHER BYC site. I e-mailed them, now just waiting..........................[​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Glad you found it....the other byc ezboard site is a nice place to find things too...

9. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    Watch out with USPS shipping. The post office is now charging by size, so even though it only weighs 5 pounds, the size will cost you $35 for priority mail. [​IMG]
    With the added shipping it was the same price as going to the local feed store.
    USP and FedEx ground may be different for you living in the lower 48, but not an option for us other 2 upper states [​IMG]

Cory

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by