Anyone selling bantams?Michigan-Monroe/Washtenaw or Wayne County?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SoleProvider, Sep 8, 2008.

1. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Looking for a few bantams-any breed.

2. ladyfishkathy

ladyfishkathy New Egg

Aug 6, 2008
    Sorry, don't have any for sale, but I saw in a different post you are in MIlan. Well, hi neighbor... We are in Milan, too. I will have bantams in the spring, if you want. We are outside Milan in Milan Township... Might we know each other??? Kathy Tucker

3. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    There is usually bantams for sale at the Fowl Fest show in Frankenmuth on October 11 and 12.

Check out the website: www.fowlfest.org

Good Luck,
    Sarah

4. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Any idea what an average cost for a bantam might be? Just hypothetically speaking, of course.

5. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    I dont know for other breeds but I did get 9 a piece of 3-4 month old silkie babies.

6. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    It all depends.

Last year my daughter bought a cochin bantam for $5.00.

I have seen close to $50 for a bird.

My daughter really wanted a call duck...it was $40. Come to find out that was a good deal. But I am not spending that much on a duck!

7. cheraboo

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    I wish we could have ducks but we just don't have the room. Hardly anyone in our county raises them for 4-H. There were only a couple of duck pens at the fair. No competition there at all.

Prices don't seem too bad. I really want to pick up a Polish and a Serama pullet. Maybe we'll get lucky [​IMG]

8. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Theres a lady in Rose City, but thats about 3 to 4 hours from you.

i got 3 from her for 2.00 a piece, I was up there picking up girls from Camp, and she had a sign front of her house.

she is on M31, just east of I-75

9. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    There's a guy in St. Clair that has d'uccles and OEGs. His ad ran on bestfarmbuys.com I was really tempted - he sent me some cute photos - but it's really too much of a drive for me.

10. cheraboo

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks for the info. I'm beginning to think I'm on the wrong side of the state for chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by