Anyone selling chicken diapers?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KellyHM, Feb 8, 2009.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    DH's favorite cockerel has decided to try and follow us into the house all the time. He's always been quite tame and I have to be careful he doesn't sneak by me when I come in! I thought I might get him a chicken diaper so he can come in and visit. He's a big boy...Cuckoo Marans...almost as big as my other roo and he's only 4 months old! Anyways, if you happen to make chicken diapers let me know. I'd love to trade for some eggs, but if you don't want eggs just let me know how much they are. Thanks!

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I know several people who make them (like me) but they only make them for themselves. I actually copied the design of someone who makes them/ sells them online. They are actually pretty hard to make, so i'm pretty sure you find one for less than 25-30 dollars (They cost at least 10 dollars to make, and usually a couple hpurs of work).

This website-
    thegoosesmother.com

Nancy townsend makes them for ducks, but if you contact her, i'm pretty sure she can make one for a chicken since the design is the same. She's a really sweet lady!

3. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
  4. mom2fourbebes

mom2fourbebes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2008
    Chickendiaper.com is temporarily closed.

I just purchased two chicken diapers from a BYC member who posted pictures to show us what the diapers look like...her id is lovemychix.

5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Kelly, I'll have some at the Jacksonville swap.

6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I won't be able to make it to Jax. Maybe I can have someone pick one up for me. How much are they?

7. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I need to make a couple today.

I'm going to probably have two styles. one which is single layered and you had a ziplock bag (which I prefer, easier to clean) or a double layered one with a plastic lining built in.

I'll probably price them and post some examples later today.

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I make them. Check out my siggy for the thread. My smalls start at $10.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by