Anyone selling cochins in the Palmdale/Lancaster area in CA?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NoseyChickens, Aug 6, 2009.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    We are just starting our flock and live out near Edwards AFB. We would be interested in cochin, welsummer, marans. Hens or pullets. If you have some let me know. We are out in the middle of nowhere and new to this so not sure where to look for new chickens. Thanks for your help!

2. rusty_038

rusty_038 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2007
    Gardena, CA
    I have a Golden Laced Wyandotte hen (almost at laying age) and a Easter Egger Rooster (not crowing yet) we are trying to find a home for. They were raised together as chicks and we do not want to separate them. We can deliver the pair to you. Let me know if you are interested. We have a feed store close by and can pick up chicks for you. Unfortunately, we will not be able to sex them and they get a variety of breeds so you may end up with some roosters.

Thanks,
    rusty_038

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi Nosey Chickens. I have quite a few started marans pullets, not quite point of lay, but very well started, and am selling them for $25 per pullet for the black clean legged ones and $50 for the copper black ones. I have a breeders startup special for $100 you get five pullets and a free rooster if you like. CBM if you buy two you can have a roo. (hey, that rhymes!)
    I have limited roosters available. I have one CBM pullet with a short outer toe that is only $25 if someone just wants a dark layer pullet and not a breeder. Good luck in your search, and....

[​IMG]

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Thanks rusty_038, that is a great offer, but we are just not wanting roosters right now. I appreciate it though. [​IMG]

onthespot- I will PM you in about a week if I am able to head out that way. We are just interested in hens for egg laying, so I will let you know.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: