Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kathryn4629, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    I set my eggs this morning 4/10/12!![​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone else is setting today? I would love to chat about it for the next 21 days or so. Last year was my first time hatching so I am NO expert, lol. I feel like a newbie all over again.

Oh and I looked around for another thread started today or yesterday, but didn't find one. If there is one let me know!!

Happy hatching!!

2. hennyandpenny

hennyandpenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    i might start today maybe tommorow ( we got the eggs today and the bator is still warmingn up*sigh* but they either will sstart hatching on the 30th or the 1st

3. ZooNana

ZooNana Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll join your "due date" thread :) I started 2 doz ISA Browns this morning.

4. Kathryn4629

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    Yay!! So glad that there are some peeps to join me!! I did a thread like this last year and had a great time doing it. It also helped with the silly little questions that we all have, and our worries.

I set 41 eggs from my mixed flock. They are buff orpington, EE and cochin mixes and purebreds The two roosters are EE/Cochin and EE/BO

Cant wait to see what kind of colors I get!!

5. Kathryn4629

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    What is ISA browns? I am still bad with the abbreviations, lol.

6. ZooNana

That's OK, it's not an abbreviation. ISA Browns are a hybrid cross between Rhode Island Red (female) and Rhode Island White (male). They have been described as egg machines, laying 300 eggs their first laying year.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  7. stevearino

stevearino Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Southeast Arizona
    I'll be putting 7 eggs in my incubator tonight, so I'll join you! I put 5 eggs in last week but 3 of them had the blood ring and 1 is too dark to see yet. Since I only have 1 for sure good one right now, I'm going to add some more. 2 Buff Orpington/Barred rock mix, 3 Production Red/Barred rock mix, and 2 Minorca eggs.

This past week was my first time ever putting eggs in an incubator, so I am a complete novice. I am trying hard to get everything right, but I am expecting a few bumps and bruises during the process.

8. yasmin

yasmin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    Birmingham uk
    i put mine in the incubator and its day 4, but when i candled them its just like the yolks floating around there, is it supposed to be like that, cos im so worried?

9. ZooNana

Are they white or brown eggs? You should see a spider at 4 days (red spot with veins coming out from it) it would be more difficult to see with a brown egg. Don't start worrying yet, give it a few more days.

10. Kathryn4629

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    What fun mixes you are hatching! So far I have done three hatches (last year) and I still feel like a complete novice [​IMG] First hatch went great 9/10 and the second hatch they all died before hatching, they were shipped eggs. Third hatch was wild pheasants from eggs on my small farm where the mama got killed by a coyote, and 7/8 hatched, total miracle!

Sending good incubator vibes your way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by