Anyone take their chickens "visiting" with them??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hd_darcy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    We are going to a family cookout today. Little do they know that 7 chickens will be coming with us - HA! We are taking our three silkies, and our four 5-week old babies [​IMG] I wasn't looking forward to the cookout, but I am now! [​IMG] DH's family will all be hooked and crazy about chickens like we are before we leave - [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I have done that.. I brought a few different chicks to easter this year for the kids to get pics with and also have brought a few bantams to BBQ's the kids always have a blast with them

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Chickenzoo does!

4. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Awesome, I can't wait! We are actually kind of feuding with DH's sister. First time this has EVER happenned (we're normally a drama-free family). Maybe our chickens will take the tension off [​IMG]

5. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:What an AWESOME idea! We'll have to do the same next year [​IMG]

6. Parkers*momma

Parkers*momma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Yes we have. We took our lil silkie en and Pheonix roo on a 10 hour car ride from NW Ohio to Hershey PA to visit grandpa. The silkie slept in a nightstand drawer on a towel all night in our room. The roo slept in the pet taxi...or should I say ON TOP of the pet taxi. Probably the best memories were created with our daughter and her grandpa that week.

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:What an AWESOME idea! We'll have to do the same next year [​IMG]

Yep and not a single lil one got any chicken poo on there neat little outfits.. LOL

8. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Parkers*momma :

Yes we have. We took our lil silkie en and Pheonix roo on a 10 hour car ride from NW Ohio to Hershey PA to visit grandpa. The silkie slept in a nightstand drawer on a towel all night in our room. The roo slept in the pet taxi...or should I say ON TOP of the pet taxi. Probably the best memories were created with our daughter and her grandpa that week.

OMG, I LOVE IT! That is just great!! [​IMG] My in-laws live about 8 minutes away [​IMG] So, our chickens probably won't even notice they aren't home!! [​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Yep, Sophie, Sukie or Gabby travel with me, especially to TSC....

[​IMG]

Gabby

[​IMG]

Sukie

[​IMG]

And of course Sophie the Diva Chicken..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by