1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone Taking Any Chicken Videos ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by EM Squared Farms, Nov 16, 2011.

1. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Just wanted to poll everyone to see how many have moved on from taking pics to taking videos ?

If you think a pic speaks a thousand words, I can't even imagine what you must think about a video ?

It's certainly a better portrayal of Real Chicken Behavior (and with sound !)

Can't wait to hear your replies !

I'm dedicated to posting one new video a day on our website (not always a chicken video - we have fish, goats, and pets too that aren't video shy).
    I just need a better video capturing electronic device (I'm hoping for a new phone).

2. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Here's one. He was okay and wasn't hit very hard, lol. He learned to stay back though, LOL.

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    There's a "Pictures and stories of my chickens" section that has videos.

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I have only videotaped one thing with my chickens. One of my pullets chases my dog everytime we go outside. If there is something else "noteworthy", I'm sure I'll drag out the camera again.

5. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:That would be interesting to see ! Can't wait for you to capture that on video ! Let us know where you put it !

6. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:That was fun to watch !! I'm glad to see you can post videos on here !

You free range your chickens and then put them up at night ?

That's fun to see them all come flying out !

I've discovered my husband's phone takes much better video than my phone. So I can only capture video (if I want it to be clear) on the weekends. I keep all of our videos on our website. I video our goats and fish too ! I can't wait for our little chickie to hatch in just a day or two, and for our baby goats to be born right around Christmas (I have 4 pregnant does, although one hasn't grown an udder yet so I'm hoping she is pregnant).

Would love to see more videos about your free ranging chickens ! I'm still waiting to see a mommy hen and her little chickies following her. That would be so adorable to see. (we incubate our eggs because the ants get into the nest box and kill the newly hatched chickies)

7. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:That's good to hear !

I'm going to try and look for it, but in case I have trouble, can you cite the link ?

Thanks !

8. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:That's good to hear !

I'm going to try and look for it, but in case I have trouble, can you cite the link ?

Thanks !

Well, found the "Pictures and Stories of My Chickens" but didn't see any Video Thread.

Guess you'll have to quote it for me because I can't find it. I'm sure it's a jewel mine of fun videos. Just difficult to find......as a rare gem would be !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by