1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone Tried Mt. Healthy's Bonus Chicks ???????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by RAREROO, Jan 4, 2011.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I guess I am reading this correctly that if you by at least 50 chicks at normal price you can chose to get 25 FREE extra cockerels added to the order ? http://www.mthealthy.com/store/948458/product/Bonusck?sitecookie=5f712a5a21ba71ed45ca8a1a3bf1a5a7

I'm
    thinking about getting some sexlink hens to start back up selling eating eggs again and I always growoff exstra roos to sell anyway so that would be a nice little bonus for me. Anyone else tried them ??? If so where they all mostly one breed or some of everything ?

2. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I'm not sure but I am interested to hear what others have to say.
    I ordered Golden Comets from Mt. Healthy last April and EEs in Oct. All are super friendly, beautiful, healthy birds. No losses during shipping etc. [​IMG]

3. jodief100

jodief100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    N Kentucky/Cincinnati
    I ordered 50 pullets last year and got the 25 free birds. The free ones were Easter Egger Roos. They grew out big enough to butcher and I even sold a few. They send whatever they happen to have extra that day so it could be anything.

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Thanks for the replies.

Do you have any pics of the golden commets your ordered from them BHep ?

5. AbedsAviary

AbedsAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Halifax, Va.
    I ordered about 1000 chicks from them last year, each time they would send me 100 extra free. Each time the 100 i got free were of the same breed. I got SLWs, Sex-links, easter eggers/americaunas, RIRs, New Hampshiers, Buff Orpingtons, and i think white Leghorns once. I did rasie some of these up and they were not all roosters. It was about 75% roosters and 25% hens. They send what ever they have left over, if they have a lot of orders for pullets then you will get mostly roosters, if they dont have many pullet orders then you will get more pullets in your free chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by