Anyone tried Purina’s new high protein feed?

Not worth it imo. When I add animal protein, I add it. When they need calcium they get as much as they need/want. I'm not trusting anyone to tell my girls what they already know. I can throw down layer pellet next to scratch, next to seeds. They know what they need and eat what they want. I have 21 laying hens and get 15-18 eggs per day. Give them layer for layers sake. Extra animal protein you control the form of. And give them calcium supplement by itself and monitor that independently. Just my advice.

I’d like to hear from anyone who has tried this new feed. Do you notice any difference in your hens?
Hello, I just last week switched to Purina, mainly because my hens seem to be hungry ravenous hungry even though I free feed so they are allowed to eat at will and also give them scraps and scratch grains.. after hearing about the chicken feed loosing nutrients, I felt like something was wrong.

Haven't used any Purina Animal feed for yrs. There was an issue about dog food nutrition and how they were not factual in their claim. Also why would I feed 19% when I can feed the Layers 20% with free range available. Always had healthy birds and great eggs.

Not worth it imo. When I add animal protein, I add it. When they need calcium they get as much as they need/want. I'm not trusting anyone to tell my girls what they already know. I can throw down layer pellet next to scratch, next to seeds. They know what they need and eat what they want. I have 21 laying hens and get 15-18 eggs per day. Give them layer for layers sake. Extra animal protein you control the form of. And give them calcium supplement by itself and monitor that independently. Just my advice.
I have a typo... I have 25 laying hens not 21

Haven't used any Purina Animal feed for yrs. There was an issue about dog food nutrition and how they were not factual in their claim. Also why would I feed 19% when I can feed the Layers 20% with free range available. Always had healthy birds and great eggs.
For the 100th time, Purina dog food & Purina chicken feed are 2 different companies.

I would like to know the ingredients as I'm still looking.
Over a month late, but I found the ingredients list in a photo on an Amazon listing:
https://www.amazon.com/Purina-Layena-Protein-Layer-Chicken/dp/B0BDSVQ6HR/
71yUCNkCofL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom