1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone tried the Nite-guard?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by peggyb43, Oct 23, 2008.

1. peggyb43

peggyb43 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2008
    I just ordered the Nite-guard for protection against predators. It works on solar and flashes a red light all night, making owls, coyotes racoons etc think they are seeing another and bigger animal. Its fully guaranteed and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it??

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

There was a discussion earlier in this year regarding this product or one like it. I believe that the animals will get used to it. If you have success, keep us posted, it would be such a great thing if it does work!

3. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    i thought about ordering one, but we decided not to free range, as we have a bird dog, and he is not to be trusted around the chickens. But, if we had the chickens outside, i definetely would have tried it. Not that expensive, and looks like it would be well worth the price.

We do have motion detector lights on our garage and outbuilding, and you would be surprised how often they come on at night

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Should have saved your money. A radio on a talk station works much better. And a radio at goodwill is a couple of bucks.

5. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Quote:Yea I would say the same thing. I know people that have used plastic owls to scare away birds and it ended after about a month but if it has movement and is somewhat random and doesn't do the same thing all the time it might work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by