Anyone tried this Automatic Coop Door closer?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenannie, Jan 31, 2009.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
  2. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
  3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Yup! Check out Foy's Pigeons

4. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    OMG, I am SUCH an idiot!!! I was in here researching automatic doors for so long and totally forgot to close my oown coop door! They've been out there unlocked for the past hour.... duh!! I just went and closed them, but with the fox attacks I've had, that was just dumb.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I love my opener/closer. I can actually go on vacation or out to dinner and don't have to worry about who is going to close or open the door before the raccoons foxes or dogs get them.

6. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Where did you get yours, and do you mind me asking how much it cost? I desperately want one! The thought of not having to get up early on a Sat morning to let the chooks out sounds amazing! The one from Foy's pigeons is expensive!! With the parts and the door and everything it adds up to like $300-$350!!

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Yeah, it's expensive. I think when I was done it cost me about $280. I got the the Doorkeeper (inside install w/ sensor), Timer, Sliding Door (9"w X 13"h) I used my bonus from work to buy it, lol.

You can go with just the Doorkeeper with sensor and make your own door. I'm not that coordinated. The sensor works on light. My problem was my coop is back by the woods so it always has shadows. Timer was the only way to go for me.

8. Damsel

Damsel Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Middle, TN
    This has always looked like the best option for us looking to combine keeping expenses in check, and finally moving forward with this crazy scheme of having a magic door...

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Here at BYC, our chickens ARE our social life! [​IMG]

10. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Do you mean you use the door from Foy's Pigeon Supplies? Wasn't sure what you are referring to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by