Anyone tried this cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by txcarl1258, Sep 15, 2010.

1. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    I have always been a sucker for backyard mixes and unusual looking chickens. I love the BLRW and can't wait to get some. I have seen some reports of BLR barnevelder, have any of you ever seen one? So any way my question is has anyone ever crossed a BLRW with a Barnevelder. I am not sure if I am going to try and "create" the BLR barnevelder, but I would like to see what the resulting cross would look like.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'v never seen the cross- but the types are very similar. I wonder if you'd get the double lacing into te BLR? That would be cool.

3. quinkerton

quinkerton Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    North Bennington
    No, but I am planning on crossing BLRW with black cochin, and SL Cochins. I hope they come out cool looking. I also have a few Salmon Favorelle hens that I want to cross.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Hey check this out- from wiki: Double-laced Blue (Bantam) Originally bred in the Netherlands. Bred again in Germany from a Bantam double-laced Barnevelder cock and a Bantam blue-laced Wyandotte hen; recognized in 1987.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by