Anyone tried WormGuard Plus.....ordered Valbazen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SassyKat6181, Dec 21, 2011.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Yes, I tried it... If I remember right you have to add it to all their feed, daily... continually... ("forever"), and I simply couldn't afford to keep it up. It was too costly (watch out for freight charges on heavy or large items).

DE -- and though I didn't keep it up well, the WormGuard... neither prevents or treats worms in my opinion. Maybe someone else has used WormGuard faithfully for a long period of time and has more experience with it.

Use the Search here on BYC and Search for "WormGuard" and Search for "Verm-X" and see if you come up with much more info, I think you might.
    Also Search "Worming" and "Worming with Valbazen" (yes, it's a chemical, but it's a good broad spectrum wormer that kills all types of worms safely.... must be given individually, orally, and withholding eggs.).. look for posts by dawg53 on worming. You can also Search "giving oral medications", and "how much Valbazen to give", etc.

Take care, good luck..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  3. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    I placed an order with Jeffers for Valbazen. I am going to quarantine and worm my sick girl with this......hopefully it won't kill her. I suspect she is really infested, so it's either worm her or she will die. She's been not well for 2 weeks now. Between molting, bumblefoot, lice and suspecting worms, she's a wreck. Hopefully it comes quickly. Should I put a friend or two in the quarantine coop with her to keep her warm and not lonely?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by