Anyone Try To Enter The Pillsbury Bake-Off?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Jan 17, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Just wondering if anyone else entered a recipe? Did you make it to the bake-off? What was the recipe?

Advice for others?

[​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Noo...do you have a link? Perhaps we can get the BYC chefs to represent? [​IMG]

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    How cool would it be if a bunch of us entered!? I would so thrilled if several of us got to go and meet up with other people from the site in a paid for trip! WOW!

Here's the link:
    http://www.pillsbury.com/BakeOff

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    OK--so I checked out the site. Did you see all those ladies? They look like they could WHOOP me in the kitchen.

I am going to sign up, but I need a few days to think of some recipes. I have a few I do use those poducts for, but I suspect they are not quite fancy enough. I gotta go scope the competition!

5. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I agree they whup my butt befroe I even start, did you see how creative those recipes are??? to heck with all recipes from now on I'm going to Pillsbury when I want creative inspiration. I don't stand a chance in [email protected]#$ but I'll do it with you for the fun!!! [​IMG]
    By the way your stuffed French Toast looks right up there with the winners.

6. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    that's three . . . who else is going to join vfem on her quest? we should get at least one BYC'er from each state shouldn't we???

7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I love some of the creative recipes on there... I love making stuff up as I go, so this is HUGE to me!

I'm working on a crescent apple tart shaped like a tulip... I just haven't gotten the filling to be as 'simple' as I want it to be.

I forget to see if there was a limit on how many entries I can make.

8. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    how cool! you seem to have the sweets covered. I never cook with sweets so I'm going to put on my thinking cap for an appetizer and a main dish . . . I know I am going to wake up in the night spouting off recipes!

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:LMAO... last night, I was tossing and turning for 2 hours thinking of how to fix the stuffed crescent french toast recipe. ...even worse, one night a year or so ago, I woke up with an idea in my head for a cookie, and got up at 2am to make it because I couldn't sleep until I got it. [​IMG] You should see my husband's face sometimes! hahahaha

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I will be in too. I like that the recipes can really be anything. I mean, "use one bread and one egg/butter/broth/etc". Yeah, I think I can swing it,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by