Anyone up for a christmas (or life time.. ) Project?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DTchickens, Dec 15, 2008.

1. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    If anyone is willing to do it with me. join in... What is this project? Being nice.. kind and helping each other. Spread around the "love" Not just to family friends, forum members etc.. EVERYONE you come in contact with.. no matter their skin color. Religion. Political stand, poor or rich, Looks worse or better then you. what country their from, gay or non-gay. Vegetarian or carnivore, Educated or un-educated. Etc (you get the picture..) i was recently reading a survey that said America is the most UNfriendlist country in the world.. and is fairly high on the crimes list.. the only ones that beat it is Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and a few other places. and personally i believe that the problems we ALL hate.. and complain about would be rid of if people actually started showing a little kindness instead of just wanting to receive it, and no im not talking about going out and donating to a charity just so you can get that little warm fuzzy and say you did your good for the year as i've seen soo many people do. let go of your lifetime grudges that you probably cant remember what your holding a grudge for., Pride, selfishness, (etc.. again, you see where im going with this), maybe do something like pay it forward (the movie).. just a month-or-so ago a woman paid for her coffee and the person behind her. and that continued on down the line. im not asking you to do anything HUGE (even though it would be huge if enough people did it.. it'd pay off then) like walk up to some random person and hand them a million dollars. Doesn't even have to involve money. just do something nice/kind for the people you come in contact with. i had a lot i was going to type.. But you probably all see where im going with this.. So come on. Everyone join in and "make the world a better place" if you have any suggestions, or anything let me know. being kind of rushed now so a lot of points i wanted to make and stuff like that is gone for now.

-Daniel

AH i remembered a piece.. something about us all being human... No matter what it is we look like etc etc.. . And we ALL need help. sometime or another... You can go by yourself for awhile. but at sometime you have to seek help.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Happy to join you.

I try real hard to do this anyway.

I have been snubbed enough myself to know it doesn't feel good.

But I take issue with one thing you said - that America is not friendly.

Who said that? They had never met the majority of you people on BYC.

So many really friendly people on here you already set a fantastic example.

But it is a great idea and I am happy to join in.

Jena.

3. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:It was the travelers, Airports and all. But i see it around. I agree the majority of BYC is friendly though... Welcome aboard by the way

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I am happy to join you. Even though I try to do this already, it is always good to be reminded of it.

Here is to the New Year ahead!!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Isn't this the way we are supposed to live our lives anyways? Of course I join you. I try my darndest to do that day to day anyways.

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I think I already do it... except for my inlaws. I treat them the way they treat me. We have a hate hate relationship [​IMG]

7. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:correct.. but theres a lot of people out there that were never taught. or.. Never were never "Shown the love" [​IMG] so they dont. and then there are just those lazy people that need a reminder [​IMG]

8. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Thank you for the welcome.

And Debi, you come across in all of your posts as being exactly that way, you are always bright and friendly.

Maybe all these people who were saying this got stuck at airports and didn't get to meet real people...lol. Must be the most stressful environment anyway.

So Let's start just such a club for the new year, and learn about others and build a new way forward. Being kind, that is a great focus, and you have a head start already. If you were not all so friendly then the many many new people who arrive here would not stay.

Compared with our news here all the time lately this is the most positive thing I have heard. YEA!!!! excellent idea.

Jena.

9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I am game! Or was that gamey? No I showered...

Seeing my dad in the hospital and realizing the hate he has spread and such makes me realize that I need to do a lot more forgiving. Besides you can't be forgiven until you have given forgiveness...says that somewhere in a book! Kinda why I became a lay speaker...get to spread my favorite verse...its about love!

10. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Sign me up, even though I know no other way, since it's how I was brought up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by