Anyone up for a Cocks or Hens Game with RIRs and EEs? Many pics!!!

fl_deb

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
wee.gif

I finally got pictures of my 4 chickens, 2 RIR 13 weeks old, one dark red, one lighter red, and my 2 EEs that are 10 weeks old, one white, one grey. Sorry, I have not named any of them, so for the purposes of this post if all responders used the same designations given above it will make it easier on everyone.
My neighbor was kind enough to take pictures, but my chickens were very uncooperative, I guess I should have explained to them the requirements for the pictures for these section of the forum and maybe they would have allowed my neighbor to take better close-ups etc.
Since I am totally new to chickens and had no idea what to look for or to even ask for when I bought them, I could have 4 roos for all I know. However, I think based on what I have read and seen so far, that I may have 3 pullets and 1 roo (my white EE). Unfortunately, even one makes me illegal so I am turning to the experts here to help me decide who is what, so that I can make appropriate rehoming plans as needed. Thank you for your time, I know everyone is very busy this time of year, and I really appreciate everyones' input.

56763_debs_chickens44.jpg

56763_debs_chickens6.jpg

56763_debs_chickens8.jpg

56763_debs_chickens3.jpg

56763_debs_chickens25.jpg

56763_debs_chickens21.jpg

56763_debs_chickens23.jpg

56763_debs_chickens10.jpg

56763_debs_chickens33.jpg

56763_debs_chickens38.jpg

56763_debs_chickens14.jpg

56763_debs_chickens35.jpg

56763_debs_chickens15.jpg

56763_debs_chickens17.jpg

56763_debs_chickens26.jpg

56763_debs_chickens43_2.jpg

56763_debs_chickens39.jpg

56763_debs_chickens20.jpg

56763_debs_chickens36.jpg

56763_debs_chickens41.jpg

So what do you think?

The White EE is a roo for sure

The grey EE and the lighter Production Red are pullets for sure

But can you get a face pic of the darker red ? I'm thinking pullet on that one, but there were a few shots that it looked to have a little roo comb coming in.

okay well I think these are the best pictures I have of this chickens' face. And yes she has me a bit concerned as well b/c her "voice" is very deep compared to the others but I keep telling myself it is b/c she is the largest bird
gig.gif

56763_debs_chickens39.jpg

56763_debs_chickens31.jpg

thanks again for your input!

Deb

I agree...white EE is a roo, undecided on the darker, and pullets on the others. The darker one had some really bright feathers around the neck that could be hackle feathers, or like you said, since she is older, just may be getting her "Big Girl" colors in. I would think that her comb would be significantly larger and redder if she was a roo, but if the white EE was dominant, she could just be a late bloomer. Also, the tail seems to have a little curve to it that your others don't.

But, you have mostly pullets, so that is good!
thumbsup.gif
Time will tell on the last red one.

Shelly

I say you are right and you have a white roo and three pullet girls for him. Looking at that dark red, I'd expect the comb and waddles to be darker (in my experience I can tell a male RIR way before a male easter egger or ameracana) I have (i think its 19) 11 week old RIRs and ameracanas that the RIR roos have really BIG combs that are all nice and spikey and starting to turn deep red, where the ameracanas are just starting to deepen into that carrot color but are still small to the head but wider than the suspected females. (thank god i think i got it right sexing and have 8 ameracana pullets and 2 roos, the RIR's my neighbor got and it looks like 5/9 are roos!!! )

your roo has definate narrow saddle feathers to me, but that red from what it looks to me doesn't either. sooooo....My 2 cents (not worth much
wink.png
) is you have 3 girls and 1 roo.

Back
Top Bottom