Anyone up for an egg trade mid January?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by slickchik, Nov 25, 2010.

1. slickchik

slickchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern California
    My friend and I would like to trade someone 6-8 eggs to set around January 15th.

Here is what we can offer:

I have mille fleur bantam cochin project cockerels over mille fleur bantam cochin pullets, a red bantam cochin frizzled hen, and a white bantam cochin frizzled hen. I actually have other hens and pullets but my little cockerels can't successfully mate with them.

My friend has a Black Jersey Giant roo over trader joe's leghorn pullets, blue-laced red wyandottes, an olive egger and a jersey giant pullet, as well as frizzled bantam cochin cockerels (some smooth, some frizzled) over a frizzled pullet.

We have been hatching fools for a few months now ever since our pullets started laying fertile eggs... fertility is GREAT and hatch rate is great too.

The only problem is that we cannot guarantee any particular breed will be laying at the time we want to set eggs...

Plus everything we have will be mixed breeds (except my milles) and we can't guarantee any particular mix either. Everyone lives together in our coops. We have an idea of who lays what type of egg... but you get the idea.

Here is what we want:

6-8 eggs from breeds we don't already have.

Lol, between the two of us, we have a variety :)

Anyone interested in this?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If mine would quit hiding their eggs I'd probably take you up on this. But since my best layers have chicks and the rest of the hens are being stingy I think I'll have to pass [​IMG]

3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:You want to trade your mutts for kind of mutts you don't have? (My mutts)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by