Anyone use a solar shed light to extend the light hours?

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
I found one at harbor freight for under $30, just wondering if anyone else had used one. Just need to extend the hours about 2 hours to keep egg production up. There is no electric to the coop currently.

YES,,,but I have been using a string of xmas lights that run off a timer/battery..I got them from QVC who has a huge selection of this type of stuff.

The timer runs around 6-8 hours so I have it come on around 1 pm here and goes off around 7pm I'm getting eggs all day long:)

This is an interesting concept. Perhaps could be partnered with a photosensor as well as a manual timer.
Hmmm I honestly don't know, I was looking for a cheap and easy fix. I wish I could get the coop wired up completely with solar panels.
YES,,,but I have been using a string of xmas lights that run off a timer/battery..I got them from QVC who has a huge selection of this type of stuff.

The timer runs around 6-8 hours so I have it come on around 1 pm here and goes off around 7pm I'm getting eggs all day long:)
I thought about running some cheap LED Xmas lights out there wired to a small solar panel and battery, but thought this would be easier.

Back
Top Bottom