Anyone Use Baby Monitor w/o Electricity???

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
With my new coop/run up and running, I'd really like to have a baby monitor for peace of mind in case anything tries to break in at night. I've tried the cheapo Safetey 1st monitor and it did not work. I'll need something at least 900 mhz, and not ruling out a monitor with camera if the price range is right. I'm not running extension cords that far though, so I need batteries to last through the night and rechargeable batteries would be good. Anyone have ideas for me??

I have been looking for the same thing as well but I can't find anything that will pick up sound so far from my house. I hope someone has some ideas.
pop.gif

I ran an ext cord 200 ft to the coop to run the baby monitor and a light on a timer for the birds. I had no luck with the battery operated ones, seems they can't stretch the distance without getting major feedback on my end. The one I have out there now was $1 at a garage sale, it's 900 mhz.

Quote:
Yeah, some help would be great! Mine is only about 100 ft from my house, but I guess getting the signal through that little shed and into my house is difficult. I had hoped the cheapie monitor would work.
roll.png

I've been looking for over two weeks with no luck. It's hard to find any detail on if the transmitter piece takes batteries or not.
Waiting and hoping someone has a great suggestion!

Quote:
Hmm, I like a $1, wish I had time to go garage sale surfing! That would be ideal, but not an option.... I'm also not running extension cords that far. Plus I'd just trip over them if my pigs don't chew on them first.

Back
Top Bottom