Anyone use "Red Cell" for their showbirds? I have a ??

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, I just purchased "Red Cell" supplement for my silkie flock. I ordered it from Smith Poultry supplies. When I recieved it, it says its for horses so I e-mailed them thinking I ordered the wrong thing. They contacted me very quickly and said some of the best breeders use this for their chickens and also gave me dosing instructions. I forgot to ask if it was safe for 6 week old chicks and how often should I give it to my adult birds. If anyone uses it, please let me know how you use it. (Weekly, daily, etc.. I change the water every day) Thanks
smile.png

Out of curiousity what dosages did they give you. I use redcell for my chickens but I only use it in their water or on their feed. I never measure it, just put some in. I have had good luck with it. I prefer vitamins and electrolytes for my chicks. I dont start using redcell til they are laying or breeding

Hello, they told me 1 teaspoon per gallon of water or 1 tablespoon mixed with feed. Maybe I'll hold off giving it to the youngsters til they start laying. I'll just give it to the adults. Do you give it to them on a daily basis?

hmmmm redcell totally is a horse product- used to boost up horses who are lagging abit- it's an iron supplement if i remember right....

I"ve got a gallon sitting in my tackroom- might have to give it a try- i've got a couple girls who could use a bit of a boost

Quote:
I know... I thought I ordered the wrong thing when I saw it was for horses, didn't mention poultry at all. I was told it is used by breeders for fuller feathering, boosts breeding etc.. I just don't know how often I should give it to them. I don't want to OD them. I guess I'll call them again.

This is a Fawkes Feathers Recipe:

In a 5 gallon bucket, fill approximately 3/4 full with base feed and add:
1 cup crimped oats
1 cup crimped barley
1 cup wheat
1/2 cup safflower seeds
3/4 cup sunflower chips
1/2 cup flax seeds
1 scoop Manna Pro Sho-Glo
1 heaping tablespoon Brewer's Yeast & Garlic Powder
Mix together well, and add:
1/2 cup wheat germ oil blend or vegetable oil
1/4 cup Red Cell
Mix together very well to distribute oil and red cell evenly.

Quote:
Sounds delicious
tongue.png
And after this, they should be "superbirds".. lol But this alot for my 12 birds. I guess I could try to quarter it. I don't want any waste. This mixture of feed would be given everyday?

Back
Top Bottom