Anyone use Rooster Booster products? What do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lovemychix, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I was needing some good anti peck spray for my polish. They just won't leave their heads alone. The issue isn't overcrowding. They have a big area. They don't bother anyone but the polish.
    Rooster Booster makes a spray. Just wondering what other people thought that had used it.
    Rooster Booster also makes a natural wormer. My chickens don't have worms that I noticed but thought maybe it may be a good idea to start on a good gental natural wormer just for preventive.
    I know a lot of people recommend DE, I'm still a bit uneasy about using it. I have read up on it and I don't like the dangers of silica on lung tissue. My kids spend time in the coop and I would hate to harm them.
    Thanks!

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Sounds good [​IMG]

3. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Anyone even heard of these products? Geez. [​IMG] I never get any response from any questions I ask on here. [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I would be concerned about spraying something on their heads that could potentially get in the eyes. I think application would need to be considered.

I have used the multi wormer and liked it except that the pellets are large, so they have to be crushed for bantams.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have some of the Rooster Booster Anti Pick stuff, but it's not something I would spray. I painted it on with an old makeup brush that I cut the bristles short on. And, unfortunately, it didn't work on my tough women. They kept eating on the poor rooster's wattles and comb till I separated him for a couple of weeks to heal up. It's made of coal tar and marigolds and smells nice, so not sure what they think of the taste.

6. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    They have a salve type product. I wonder if that would be better? Less messy so it doesn't run in the eyes. I thought of that too. But hey are only pecking the back crown for the head. [​IMG] I am so sick of this polish bullying. Poor polish. [​IMG] I love my polish but they just peck them to pieces. I talked to another lady that had polish with her other breeds and they did the same.

7. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:That must be it that I saw. Like I said I do the bluekote on the boys. I don't like to use anything toxic, but I'm about to pull my hair out over this pecking. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by