Anyone use Rooster Booster products? What do you think of them?

lovemychix

Songster
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Moulton Iowa
I was needing some good anti peck spray for my polish. They just won't leave their heads alone. The issue isn't overcrowding. They have a big area. They don't bother anyone but the polish.
Rooster Booster makes a spray. Just wondering what other people thought that had used it.
Rooster Booster also makes a natural wormer. My chickens don't have worms that I noticed but thought maybe it may be a good idea to start on a good gental natural wormer just for preventive.
I know a lot of people recommend DE, I'm still a bit uneasy about using it. I have read up on it and I don't like the dangers of silica on lung tissue. My kids spend time in the coop and I would hate to harm them.
Thanks!

Sounds good
big_smile.png

I would be concerned about spraying something on their heads that could potentially get in the eyes. I think application would need to be considered.

I have used the multi wormer and liked it except that the pellets are large, so they have to be crushed for bantams.

I have some of the Rooster Booster Anti Pick stuff, but it's not something I would spray. I painted it on with an old makeup brush that I cut the bristles short on. And, unfortunately, it didn't work on my tough women. They kept eating on the poor rooster's wattles and comb till I separated him for a couple of weeks to heal up. It's made of coal tar and marigolds and smells nice, so not sure what they think of the taste.

They have a salve type product. I wonder if that would be better? Less messy so it doesn't run in the eyes. I thought of that too. But hey are only pecking the back crown for the head.
barnie.gif
I am so sick of this polish bullying. Poor polish.
hugs.gif
I love my polish but they just peck them to pieces. I talked to another lady that had polish with her other breeds and they did the same.

Quote:
That must be it that I saw. Like I said I do the bluekote on the boys. I don't like to use anything toxic, but I'm about to pull my hair out over this pecking.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom